3-27-2020 - COVID - 19 Update:
Please be advised that while our services remain in place the hours have changed to 9 AM to 12 PM (MONDAY - THURSDAY) ONLY.
In addition, we are taking action to mitigate the community spread of COVID-19.
● St. Francis Food Pantry will temporarily suspend shoppers from self-selecting items and instead CSS staff will prepare pre-packed pantries. Those in need of food should call 402.327.6200 Requests are taken Monday through Thursday starting at 8 am. You will receive a pickup time the same day between 10 am and 12 pm. If you have any food allergies or any dietary or cultural restrictions please let us know when you place your request.
● Catholic School Food Market: our program at Blessed Sacrament, St. Patrick's and St. Teresa's will continue as regularly scheduled. Please contact your school to confirm date and pickup time.
● Emergency Services: CSS provides cash assistance to those struggling to pay rent, utilities, car repairs, and more. We take requests every Monday morning. The phone number is 402.327.6211 and the line opens at 9 am. Appointments are based on a weekly budget, however, in light of the coronavirus and its impact on our community, we are actively raising funds to increase our weekly budget. If you have any questions, contact our Emergency Services Coordinator, Marilu Cazares at 402.327.6222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
● Walk-In Services: We provide diapers, baby formula, personal care items, adult diapers, and more to walk-in clients 9 am to 12 pm, Monday through Thursday. If you have any questions, contact our Client Relations Specialist, Veronica Hotovy at 402.474.1600 or email@example.com
● Immigration Services will continue to take place. Click here for additional information.
● St. Teresa Sandwich Program is suspended until further notice.
● English & Citizenship Classes are suspended until further notice
Emergency financial assistance for rent and utilities.
Catholic Social Services of Southern Nebraska
Main Phone: (402) 463-2112
Fax: (402) 463-2322
Toll-Free: (888) 826-9629
333 West 2nd Street
Agency: Catholic Social Services of Southern Nebraska
Languages Available: Spanish interpreters may be arranged in advance
Intake: Call for information
Eligibility: No restrictions
Hours: Mon-Wed 9 am-12 noon and 1 pm-5 pm, Thu 10:30 am-12 noon and 1 pm-5 pm, Fri 9 am-12 noon and 1 pm-5 pm
- Clay County
- Hamilton County
- Adams County
- Harlan County
- Furnas County
- Phelps County
- Kearney County
- Webster County
- Franklin County
- Gosper County
- Nuckolls County
- Red Willow County
- Dundy County
- Chase County
- Hitchcock County
- Frontier County
- Hayes County
- Perkins County