Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Program Listing

New Search
  • Veteran Services

    Agency: Hall County Offices

    County level services provide direct emergency economic aid for vital necessities to veterans, their widow, and dependents, according to their needs.  Personal visits for assistance and claims to housebound veterans or dependents.  Must have an honorable or under honorable conditions discharge from active duty or wartime service.  Must be a resident in Nebraska for the past one year and 6 months of that year in Hall, Howard, Sherman, or Nance Counties.

    State level services do not require wartime service.  Assist in completing applications for the emergency assistance for veterans and families, Veterans Aid Fund, fee exempt fishing and hunting permits, applications to the Nebraska Veterans Homes, and waivers of tuition.

    Federal level services provide and/or complete Veteran Administration forms for claims relating but not limited to service connected compensation, disability pension, widow's pension, burial allowance, grave markers/headstones, educational benefits, home loans, insurance, indebtedness, and character of service upgrades.

    • Hall/Howard/Sherman/Nance County Veteran Service Office
      Main Phone : (308) 385-5065
      Fax: (308) 385-5066
      Toll-Free: (877) 558-0799
      131 South Locust
      Grand Island, NE 68801

    Agency: Hall County Offices

    Languages Available: English

    Fees: None

    Intake: Call for information or walk-in

    Eligibility: Veterans and their dependents

    Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5 pm

    Areas Served:
    • Nance County
    • Hall County
    • Sherman County
    • Howard County

  • Powered by: skyClutch Logo