Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Program Listing

New Search
  • Veteran Services

    Agency: Otoe County Offices

    County level services provide direct emergency economic aid for vital necessities to veterans, their widow, and dependents, according to their needs.  Personal visits for assistance and claims to housebound veterans or dependents.  Must have an honorable or under honorable conditions discharge from active duty or wartime service.  Must be a resident in Nebraska for the past one year and 6 months of that year in Otoe County.

    State level services do not require wartime service.  Assist in completing applications for the Nebraska Veterans Aid Fund; fee exempt fishing and hunting permits; applications to the Nebraska Veterans Homes; and waivers of tuition.

    Federal level services provide and/or complete Veteran Administration forms for claims relating but not limited to service connected compensation, disability pension, widow's pension, burial allowance, grave markers/headstones, educational benefits, home loans, insurance, indebtedness, and character of service upgrades.

    • Otoe County Offices
      County Clerk: (402) 873-9500
      Fax: (402) 873-9506
      1021 Central Avenue
      Nebraska City, NE 68410

    Agency: Otoe County Offices

    Languages Available: English

    Fees: None

    Intake: Walk-in

    Eligibility: Veterans and their dependents

    Hours: Mon-Fri 8 am-4 pm

    Areas Served:
    • Otoe County

  • Powered by: skyClutch Logo