Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Program Listing

New Search
  • Veteran Services

    Agency: Polk County Commission of Veterans Affairs

    POLK COUNTY COMMISSION OF VETERANS AFFAIRS assists Polk County honorably discharged veterans, their wives, widows, and dependent children

    FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE for basic necessities such as rent or house payments, utilities and food. Assistance may also be provided for glasses and funeral expenses

    APPLICATIONS/ADMISSIONS into Iowa Veterans Home in Marshalltown for disabled veterans and/or spouse

    • Polk County Commission of Veterans Affairs
      Main Phone: (515) 286-3670
      Fax: (515) 286-2106
      2309 Euclid Avenue
      Des Moines, IA 50310

    Agency: Polk County Commission of Veterans Affairs

    Languages Available: English

    Fees: None

    Intake: By appointment, walk-ins available for emergencies only

    Eligibility: Honorably discharged veterans and their families

    Documents Required: Proof of income for past 30 days, DD214 Form or discharge papers, marriage certificate, birth certificates of children under 18 years of age at first application, plus unemployment status report and food stamp application

    Hours: Mon-Fri 8 am-4:30 pm

    Areas Served:
    • Polk County

  • Powered by: skyClutch Logo